How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i want to apply shortly for a uk fiancee visa, my girlfriend

This answer was rated:

i want to apply shortly for a uk fiancee visa,
my girlfriend is in the ukraine,
i have read on certain websites that you have to have to have known your future partner for a minimum of two years before you can apply,
is this correct please?

Have you met your partner in person?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have visited ukraine in april & may of this year,

& she has visited the uk on a tourist visa in may & july of this year

Thank you.

There is no requirement that you should have known your partner for 2 years, the requirement is that you must have met each other in person and intend to get married in the UK within 6 months, intend to live together permanently, have adequate accomodation and be able to maintain your partner without recourse to public funds.

Hope this helps

UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you