How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have indian Pssport and have lived in UK since 1970 approx

This answer was rated:

I have indian Pssport and have lived in UK since 1970 approx
My old passport which expired on 31 Dec 2013, I have No Time
Limit visa for INDEFINITE STAY in UK -Settlement stamped on it
My new passport issued by Indian High commission in
London states VALID VISA in old passport
Please advise me if i need to get another visa
No, you do not need a new visa and you do not need to do anything, you simply carry both your old and new passports with you when travelling outside the UK. You will be allowed into the UK without any problem.
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your response and advise


I will be taking your advise and will carry both passports with me

when travelling abroad. Kindy advise about biometric cards

Bordr Agency is issuing lately

You do not need to worry about them unless you wish to apply for a Biometric card. I would advise you to staple or rubber band your old and new passports together.

All the best