How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

A person from Jamaica who over stay a 6 months visa from 2006

Customer Question

A person from Jamaica who over stay a 6 months visa from 2006 and wants to stay and get married to a eu person living in the uk what's the procedure
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Both of them need to give notice of intention to marry at a designated registry, see here

Please be warned that the Jamaican overstayer may be detained by the immigration authorities as he has overstayed and is in breach of immigration law.

May I help further?