How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi, i need to ask something about EEA2

This answer was rated:

hi, i need to ask something about EEA2. i am a non euro citizen living together(not married) with EEA citizen(french). and i have received my resident card(5 yrs visa) 2012  april.we have been living together for last 4 years and 6 months. now we decided to cease our relation ship. my question is will it affect my rest 3 yrs visa?? and will it affect me to get my UK permanent resident?? and how?? or can i still apply for it without her??

I am afraid unmarried partners do not qualify for retained rights of residence following break down of your relationship and to answer your questions:
Yes, your residence card is technically invalid now
You are no longer permitted to reside in the UK and will therefore not get permanent residency and no, you cannot apply without her.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you