How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

aM THE HOLDER OF A passport and a u.s citizen , my old

Customer Question

aM THE HOLDER OF A passport and a u.s citizen , my old passport has the stamp inside to say indefinate to remain in the u.k , new passport does not have this , have applied for a new job , but the company says l need the stamp in my new one .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Are you in the UK presently?
Alex Hughes : OK, don't worry. The easiest thing to do is use the GOV.UK website to transfer the ILR to the new passport. Incidentally it is now called BRP follow the appropriate links and pay the fees here: