UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

I am visiting my husband in uk now who has Hungarian passport

I am visiting my husband in uk now who has Hungarian passport and working in uk for 5 years.I want to settle here and we bought a house I also have a son who is 4 years old and he also in the questions are,what kind of application I have to apply, how much its cost, how long to wait to get a permit to stay longe than 6 month.

What is your nationality?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are both canadians and came to the UK as a visitors.We can stay here for 6 month. My son is 4 years old , he should go to school in September.

Can we apply for permit to stay in the UK from the UK or only from Canada ?

Should we involve solicitors or we can do it by ourselves ?

Thank you for your help.

Are you saying your husband is a dual Canadian and Hungarian national?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My husband is Hungarian and has permanent residency in Canada.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would suggest that you lodge a EEA2 application for a residence card. This will be valid for 5 years, it costs 55 pounds to make this application.

See here:

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont live here I am just visiting I came as a visitor, and that application says you must live in the uk .I think it meens if I had a student visa or working visa ?

You may still use the application. The important thing is you are physically in the UK.

All the best