How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am connected with a small private school which offers foundation

This answer was rated:

I am connected with a small private school which offers foundation and diploma courses of 1 and 2 weeks duration. The subjects taught are 'new age': tarot and numerology. We are not accredited or 'recognised' and our courses are not validated by any outside authority. We have taught courses for over 20 years mostly to students in the South-East UK.
With the change in mood at Government level regarding foreign students, is it necessary for non-EU students wanting to take our courses to undergo the trials of getting a student visa? Given the courses are short, on 'fringe' subjects, offering no recognised qualification surely foreign students could safely undertake them on a general visa....
There is no need to apply for a tier 4 student visa in your case, foreigners may simply apply for a general visit visa which permits them to study for up to 30 days as long as studying is not the main purpose of their visit to the UK.
See here for confirmation of the above under the section "What you can and can't do":
Hope this clarifies
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you