How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hiya, My son was born out of my wed lock in UK and I had

Customer Question

My son was born out of my wed lock in UK and I had a Tier 1 General Visa with my husband as my dependant. After my son was born in 2010 my husband deserted me and my son and went to India. I left my son in custody of my parents and returned to work. I have sinced then got ILR. Now I am looking to bring my son as he is not under any maternal care. What is required to bring my son with me
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your son is entitled to be registered as a British Citizen under S 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981 as he was born in the UK and you subsequently obtained ILR.

I would advise you to approach a UK Nationality expert to lodge the application for you due to your previous problems with the Home Office e.g. See

Hope this helps