How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7672
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I am a Cameroon citizen and my student visa expired last April. Meanwhile

This answer was rated:

I am a Cameroon citizen and my student visa expired last April.
Meanwhile I am a single mother of a two months old British baby. My baby passport arrived today
My question is:
How do I apply for a resident card based on the fact that my child is British?
I live alone with my child
Thanks for your questions. How has your child acquired uk citizenship?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My baby father is British, he applied passport for my child

Are you in a relationship with her father of the child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are separeted

Thanks. Drafting your answer now. 5 minutes please.
Kind regards.
Thanks for your patience.
You will have to apply on the basis of being a parent of a child resident in the uk, this is usually done on the basis that one of the parents had a right of access to the child who is based in the uk.
This is usually done on the basis that one parent has the right of access to the child evidenced by a contact order issued at court. So, it would be helpful if the residence and contact arrangements for your child are formalised by an application to court. A family solicitor will be able to help you with this. You're overstay is a problem. It is a general grounds of refusal for almost all visas.
This means that you should instruct a solicitor to argue that it would be unreasonable and disproportionate for the home office to expect you to leave the united kingdom only need to apply and be successful a matter of weeks or months later. Additionally, you'll have to argue that it would prejudice your child's upbringing if you were forced to uproot the in this way.
Provided that the contact and residence arrangements of your child are sorted out, you stand a good chance of getting your visa provided that you instruct a solicitor and are able to show that you can support and accommodate you and the child without the need to access public funds.
Kind regards
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you