How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi, I am hungarian and been (and worked) in the UK for 9 years.

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am hungarian and been (and worked) in the UK for 9 years. What is the fastest way to get british citizenship? Do i have to send in the EEA3 form and wait a year before applying for naturalisation?
It would appear that you qualify for British Citizenship already as you would have become a permanent resident after 5 years in the UK and as you automatically obtained permanent residency that the 5 year point, you do not need to wait for other year to apply for British Citizenship, you may apply right away.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your quick reply.

So do I need to apply for naturalisation?

Yes, you need to apply for naturalisation.
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you