How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Am Tawa, I have a post -study visa that runs on the 25th of

Customer Question

Am Tawa, I have a post -study visa that runs on the 25th of August 2014 and i want to extext my stay under the right of my husband.
My husband was previously married to an EEU and had a 5years right of family member of EEA, the right was obtained 2010 and they got divorce 10/01/2014 and he is now on another 5yrs residence card which would expire 2019. We got married August 2014 and we had a child have a 15month old child together.
My question is I dont want to be illigal and I want to extend my stay . What application would suit my situation and as have no time thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
On what basis did your husband obtain a new residence card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As a family member of a EEA

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As family member of EEA,

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.
Was it as a retained right of residence as you say he got divorced earlier this year and is not a family member of an EEA national anymore.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, as right of residence of a family member of a EEA Nationals then and now this is what his got on his passport;

Residence card of a Family member of an EEA Nationals

date of issues is 21/05/2014 and end date is 21/05/2019

Please this reponse am getting is very slow .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the letter sent to him from the home office aftert= the divorce was that the residence card has been issued on the basis that he retain a right of residence in the UK despite the fact his relationship with the EEA nationals has ended

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Am not satisfied and the response is too slow as am in an hurry and need response asap. i need to make an application today.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can i have an answer please

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well , I dnt want to say yes because am in a tight sutuation like I said my visa runs out on monday and I need to make decision before 12pm today and havnt had that experience yesterday I cant waste anymore time and cnt fold my arms and wait for nothing.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Please let me know if you would prefer me to cancel the question and issue a refund.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pls I want my refund straight away I dnt need the service anymore thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to consult other lawyer pls I will be using the money thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pls I need to know how long this will take to refund the money