How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello my name is Graham. I have been visiting Egypt probably

This answer was rated:

Hello my name is Graham.
I have been visiting Egypt probably six times in the past 7 years whirl there I met a lady friend who I meet up with on my visits.She wishes to come to the UK and visit and possibly live with me.I am certain she is genuine as it is at my request.I am prepared to be her sponsor.what is required?
She may apply for a UK visitor visa which is normally for 6 months. She will need to show evidence that she will return back to her home after her visit here e.g. Show employment, business, property, family ties etc there.
You will need to write a letter inviting her to visit you and confirm that you will accommodate her free of cost and pay for her costs while in the UK, if that is what you want.
You and her will need to provide various documents, see here
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What if she wanted to stay on after 6 maths would marriage help.
She is only allowed to stay for a maximum of 6 months as a visitor.
If you marry her, she may apply for a spouse settlement visa which will allow her to live in the UK indefinitely eventually after a 5 year probationary period.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you