How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was resident in UK and given leave to remain for indifferent

Customer Question

I was resident in UK and given leave to remain for indifferent period in 1990 there after I left UK and kept on coming back every 2 years. Two of my children born in UK there After . As in letter from the home office to me stated my children born after jan 1983 while I was given the ( I L R ) are British citizens please could you confirm and let me know how could apply for them

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, any children of yours born in the UK after you received indefinite leave to remain are British at birth.

All you need to do is to apply for British passports for them, see here:

May I help further?