How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hello My daughter lost her UK resident permit near St.Pancras

This answer was rated:

My daughter lost her UK resident permit near St.Pancras International while travelling to France for the holidays, one month ago. We register with the UK police the loss and we try to contact the Home Officer for apply to a new one. But we just got a machine answering telling us to apply for a european family resident permit . My daughter and I are, we are brazilian nationals and my husband is the person who give us a resident permit because he is french national. Could you help me?
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If it is the case that you are in the UK and she has lost her EEA residence card then you will have to apply for another one.
The Home Office is correct in that an EEA residence card is not a Biometric Residence Permit, which is what you get when you have a visa under the Immigration Rules and not EEA rules.
Because of this you cannot use the biometric lost and stolen process to get another residence card. Instead you will have to apply for another Residence Card in the same way that you did in the first place to get her it.
Details on how you can apply are here:
You should explain in the application or in a covering letter that the original residence card has been lost and give details of where it was lost and also the police reference number.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you