How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi My wife is in the UK on a 6 month Family Visit visa which

This answer was rated:

Hi My wife is in the UK on a 6 month Family Visit visa which we have already extended 6 months, can we apply for another extension? I can't meet the financial requirement to apply for a settlement visa as I had an aneurysm on my brain so i am not working, but my parents can, can they sponsor her for settlement?
***** *****
Normally, family visitor visas are only issued for 6 months so she was lucky to obtain a 6 months extension.
Whether or not she receives another extension will depend on the discretion of the Home Office but if there are good reasons for her to stay on in the UK, she may apply for discretionary leave to remain in the UK which is issued for 3 years.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer, How do we apply for discretionary leave to remain in UK, what form do we use for the application,



The form to use is FLR(O)

There is a fee waiver form as well if you are unable to pay for the application, see below

All the best

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi So we fill out FLR(O) and fill out the fee waiver form and send them both to the Home Office