How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have granted leave to remain on 14 November 2012 then I entered

This answer was rated:

I have granted leave to remain on 14 November 2012 then I entered UK on 1 December 2012 after I had been refused my application from uk on April 2011 and been asked to go back home to Algeria and make an application from there. Then I went to Algeria on August 2011 and made An application for spouse visa. However my question is my spouse visa expire on 15 of February 2015 so I would like to know when can I apply for the indefinite leave to remain? Knowing that I am the only one who work ( my wife does not work since we a had a girl on 6 may 2012) also she is getting child benefit and reduction in council tax and my working tax credit as a benefit if will it affect my application?
As your spouse visa was issued after 9 July 2012, you will only qualify for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years in the UK, so you will need to apply for further leave to remain as a spouse before your current leave to remain expires.
You will need to show that you are earning at least £18600 per annum or have sufficient savings, see here for further information
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you