How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am a UK citizen with UK passport. My wife is a Hong Kong

Customer Question

I am a UK citizen with UK passport. My wife is a Hong Kong citizen holding a HKSAR passport.
We want to live in UK my wife was refused entry into the UK due to my ignorance by not having the spouse VISA as required. she was thus not allowed to enter UK and sent back to Hong kong to apply for a Spouse Visa. She has now done so and submitted the Spouse Visa document in full and will have an interview in HK.
What is the best course of action for me in UK to take? I am in UK with our son and looking for a job. We have sufficient savings to meet the criteria and do not need state handouts.
We have a home address in UK.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
If your wife has submitted her spouse visa application already, then I'm not completely clear on what you are asking as to the "best course of action to take".
Can you please clarify and I will assist?
Kind regards