How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi , l am going to India to get married on 1st October all

This answer was rated:

Hi , l am going to India to get married on 1st October all arrangements are made , l have all my paperwork meet the finacial thrshold etc, do l need a solicitor to complete my file, or just the sponsorship affidavid that states how we met etc, getting lot of confusing advise.

You may do it yourself without involving a solicitor unless you feel that you need assistance with the application in which case a solicitor should be appointed to ensure a good chance of success.

No affidavit is required, please see here for a list of the supporting documents required:

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI thanks for that so l earn over 24,000 pound, someone said that my parents need to include there bank statements and wage slips , l live with my parents and my wife willbe living her woth me when she arrives. we have a leeter of occupancy and property is not overcrowed etc. Parents are including land regisery . l have six months wages slips bank statements , p60, letter from my employer Rolls Royce copy of my contract a utiltiy bill in mine and parents name and l pay this bill. i have whats ap messages that l have when communication also traveled to india and have photos of me and partner. You say l do not need affidavid is there any thing that a solicitor has to sign or can we subjit everything ourseleves when we get to india after the wedding when we willhave all the other documents , also have asked guest that are travelling to attend wedding to give me copy of there flight details. Thanks

You do not need to provide your parents' bank statements and pay slips. You are earning over the minimum income threshold so your income alone is sufficient to qualify, assuming that you have been with your current employer for more than 6 months.

Solicitor does not need to sign anything and you may submit the application yourselves.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you , so if l want to include a letter within application detailing how we met etc and am asking for entey cleareance for my partner once married l can do this declaration myself and include and it does not need to be signed by solicitor , sorry to be pain just want to make sure it is all right , l understand that application process takes about 12 weeks from submitting, my partner has done her English test in India and will undertake the medical rest can she do that now before so that when we get married on the 1st oCTOBER will have marriage certifcatee etc and was hoping to subit file around 5 th 6th october , l will be in India until 24th October when l return to England so wanted all paperwork to be completed so that can be processed so my wife can join me over here. Thanks

Yes, you may write a letter explaining how you met etc and it does not need to be signed by a solicitor.

Noted your other comments which look fine.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you