How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to bring my Thai wife to Britain, I have dual British/Irish

This answer was rated:

I want to bring my Thai wife to Britain, I have dual British/Irish citizenship. I don't pass the £18,600 a year income requirement. If I renounce my British citizenship what do I need to bring her to Britain as the spouse of an Irish citizen living and working in the UK?

As an Irish national and if you renounce your UK nationality, the £18600 minimum income requirement does not apply to your wife as she would fall under EEA regulations, not UK immigration regulations.
She would therefore need to apply for an EEA Family Permit and the only documents required are
Her passport
proof of your relationship I.e. marriage certificate
a letter from you declaring that you are travelling with her or that she will be coming to stay with you in the UK
your Irish passport
See here for the application process:
Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your answer. Do more questions cost more money? I have a few questions regarding the Surinder Singh route.

Please open a new question for your new questions, asking for UKSolicitorJA only to answer.

Thank you.