Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm

I was told that my fiancee was detained at the London Keathrow

I was told that my fiancee was detained at the London Keathrow Airport UK. I am trying to search for some information on this and how can I help her ?
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Was she detained by imigration or the police?

I was told by Customs because she was carrying some gold ?

Alex Hughes : Have you spoken to them now?

I have been unable to reach them by phone

Alex Hughes : Have you tried this number: 0345(###) ###-####/span>
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

No, I did not have that one.

Alex Hughes : They will rarely give information over the telephone. If she has been detained she will be given the option to have a lawyer who might contact you.
Alex Hughes : You can try calling them but for confidentiality reasons they are unlikely to give you any information.

How can I find out if she has been detained ?

Alex Hughes : If she is going to be detained for any length of time she will be allowe to make a call to let her family know where she is
Alex Hughes : Nobody will tell you over the phone whether she has been detained or what's going to happen to her. Over the phone you could be anybody.

I guess there is nothing that I can do

Alex Hughes : You can try the number but in reality you will have to just wait and see if she gets in touch.
Alex Hughes : Are you or any other family member in the UK?

I am in San Diego CS

Alex Hughes : I'm afraid you will have to wait and see if she gets in contact. There's not much else you can do from where you are unfortunately.

OK. Thank you for your assistance.

OK, all the best. Please take a moment to rate my answer. If you haven't heard anything by Monday then let me know and I will try and put you in touch with a solicitor who can make some calls for you. It's unlikely you'll get anyone over the weekend.