How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hello, our daughter, a UK citizen with Canadian residency,

This answer was rated:

Hello, our daughter, a UK citizen with Canadian residency, is married to a Canadian citizen, since January 2010 in Canada. They are currently living in Canada.He is a fully qualified Red Seal plumbing engineer.
They now wish to live and work in the UK . What type of visa would be appropriate for her husband.
Thanks for your question.
He will need to apply for a spouse visa before they move to the united kingdom in order for him to settle here. The eligibility criteria is contained on the following page:
They will also have to show that they meet the financial requirement:
If they have savings over sixty two thousand and five hundred pounds and they will not need to rely on any element of salary or income. If they do not have savings over £16,000 then they will have to rely entirely on salary and income.
This means that your daughter must be able to show that she has been in salaried employment at a salary above 18600 pounds pro rata for the last 6 months. In addition she will also have to show that she has a job offer from a uk employer willing to employ her at a salary above 18600 pounds once she is in the uk and this job offer must start with in 3 months of the date he submits is his spouse visa application.
You'll see that the following page contains details on how he can apply:
It is quite complicated applications and carries with it a high evidential burden, meaning that the amount of documents they will be required to supply in order to get an approval is very high.
For this reason I would strongly suggest that they instruct a uk based immigration solicitor in order to prepare the application for them advise them on the sufficiency of the documents that they got together. A Solicitor should charge around £1000 plus vat for this.
Kind regards.
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you