How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

I lived with my Chinese girl friend for 3 years in uk until

This answer was rated:

I lived with my Chinese girl friend for 3 years in uk until she got returned 2 years ago,we have since got married in China 1year ago,all proper with both governments paperwork,she gets her passport back in 12 months time,I visit a month at a time every 5 to 6 months,are ultimate goal is for her to live with me back in uk,I await your reply in earnest
Thanks for your question.
Do you meet the financial requirement for a spouse visa?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I have my own small ground works buisiness
Thanks for your reply.
You are best served by going to a uk immigration solicitor with a view to them advising and preparing your wife's house visa application. The solicitor will be able to 100 percent confirm your eligibility and also advise you on the type and extent of supporting documentation that your wife will need to submit with her applications once she has her passport returned to her.
The key thing with your wife's application is that the supporting documentation convincingly and sufficiently prove the eligibility criteria for the spouse visa.
Most applications are refused on the basis that the supporting documentation is insufficient or inadequate. Insstructing a solicitor will help in that they will be able to approve and confirm that the supporting documents that you submit are satisfactory and will lead to an approval before your wife actually sends the documentation.
Solicitors fees would be in the region of 902 £1000 plus vat for initial consultation, drafting of the application and advise you of a supporting documentation.
It will likely save you money in the long term.
Kind regards.
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you