How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner visa to the UK

This answer was rated:

I am on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner visa to the UK issued in Sheffield, UK. The application was made while i was in Nigeria, but the visa was issued from the UK.
I wanted to apply for NI Number, but was told that i was not allowed to work under my current visa.
I need to know if I am able to work or if i need to change my visa type before i can work in the UK.

You are allowed to work for whoever sponsored you for this visa in the role described in your certificate of sponsorship, so you may have been incorrectly advised that you are not allowed to work on this visa.

See here for proof that you are allowed to work on this visa type:

You can:

  • work for your sponsor in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
  • do a second job
  • do voluntary work
  • study as long as it doesn’t interfere with the job you’re sponsored for
  • travel abroad and return to the UK
  • bring family members with you

The above is clearly explained on this UK Government website:

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What you have described fits the profile of the ICT LONG TERM STAFF MIGRANT Visa... what I have is an ICT LONG TERM STAFF PARTNER visa.

I need to know if the Staff Partner Visa allows me to work, as I am a family member of a holder of the Staff Partner visa.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Yes, you are allowed to work on a Partner visa.

The only restrictions on working are that you are not permitted to employment as a doctor or dentist in training except in limited situations.

See paragraph 37 on page 7 of this document for confirmation of the above:

Hope this clarifies
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Even if it is a Sponsorship Visa?

There is no such thing as a sponsorship visa.

You are on a Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Partner visaand are allowed to work as advised in my previous answer.

Please leave feedback
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you