How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

What documents do I need to marry my philapina fiance

This answer was rated:

What documents do I need to marry my philapina fiance
Where is your fiancée and what is your nationality ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My fiancé works in the uk, as a live in domestic. I am British
When does her visa expire and when did it start?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She has been here for 5 years and is hoping to pass her 'life in the uk exam soon. Her current visa runs out in March 2015.
Thank you.
You both need to give notice to marry at a designated registry. Please ask your local authority for details of this.
The documents required when you go to give notice are set out below
5. Documents to take to the register office
When you go to the register office, you need to take proof of your name, age and nationality, eg your:
birth certificate
driving licence
national identity card
immigration status document
You should take at least 2 of the above documents as should your fiancée.
The registrar also needs something with your address on it, eg your driving licence or one of the following dated within the last 3 months:
gas, water or electricity bill
bank statement
Council Tax bill
You each need to pay a £35 fee when you attend the register office to give notice.
If you’ve been divorced or widowed
If you’ve been married or in a civil partnership before, you need to take either:
a decree absolute or final order
the death certificate of your former partner
A foreign divorce will usually be recognised in England and Wales if it was valid in the country where it took place.
The above documents are listed here
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you