How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I was born in England (Devizes) in 1948, we moved to Canada

This answer was rated:

I was born in England (Devizes) in 1948, we moved to Canada in 1957, and My parents got (for me at the time) what I understood to be dual citizenship. I'm considering moving back now that I'm retired .... am I still English ? .... I've always thought so ... but ?

My citizenship was dated July 8, 1964


Yes, you are a British Citizen having been born in the UK in 1948.

If you do not have a valid British Passport, you may apply for one now from Canada.

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you