How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I came to England in 2003 on student visa and been refused

This answer was rated:

Hello, I came to England in 2003 on student visa and been refused student visa in 2009, I bring my son to England in 2007 at age 10 on visitor visa. After my refusal my boyfriend ask me to merry him as hi is British, in 2010 we had a permision from Homme Office to get married and we got married in july 2010 and apply for marriage visa for me and permission to stay for my son. It was 3 years waiting for nothing , so i made a decision to go back home and apply for my visa from home country. Finally i have been granted 2.5 years visa and come back. My question is: is it possible to apply for my son visa from England and what type of visa hi has to apply. I couldnt take him with me as first of all he been on his GCSE year and mooving to college, but the main reason hi cant leave England because his dad not giving him permission to leave his home contrey, so my boy and his life depended on his dad till he is 18. Now Iam very complicated and dont know what to do as hi doesn't have any passport , his old passport expired, he will be 18 next month and he can't go back to home country as he got no one there to stay with. Please any advise will be helpfull. Thenk you, El
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Nicola, yes I will wait .

Thank you,


We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
I would advise you to apply for further leave to remain for your son using form FLR(o) as he has been here in the UK for more than 7 years, it is likely that he will get leave to remain.
I would suggest that you apply as soon as possible before his 18Th birthday.
The form is here
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer, that what my solicitor said we going apply for and we did application form in may, but now he saying that is not possible to get indefinite life and is going to be visa for same period with me wich gives lots of truble for us so i very confused now why my son can't get indefinite life to remain

Your son should get indefinite leave eventually, it is just a process that he first receives limited leave to remain and after 6 years, indefinite leave.

Remember this is an application outside the rules and you cannot force the Home Office to grant indefinite leave.

All the best, ***** ***** feedback
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you