James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

Concerns a Costa Rican friend who arrived 27 Sept to visit

Customer Question

Concerns a Costa Rican friend who arrived 27 Sept to visit me and is being held in Harmondsworth Detention centre.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
What is your question please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Costa Rican friend Chrstian Umaña has been visiting me in UK every year since 2004. No problems with visas. Has always returned to Costa Rica on expected date. Visited me in Feb this year with his daughter and returned for another visit in June. Now, he was stopped by Immigration on arrival and is being held in a detention centre near Heathrow.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What are the procedures for getting him released from detention? He has applied for temporary release. I have promised to post bail of £500 but have had no response from authorities.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.