How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7661
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Could you please tell me the law regarding an Albanian Citizen

This answer was rated:

Could you please tell me the law regarding an Albanian Citizen visiting the UK for a holiday?
Thanks for your question, I'm Tom and I'll try to help.
What would you like to know?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have an Albanian friend who would like to visit the UK for a holiday. It would only be short term and does not wish to work. They have an Albanian passport. What other documents are required and is it acceptable for an Albanian to visit without problems?

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, they can come to the UK for a visit but they must apply for a visit visa and have this granted to them in their passport before they come.
The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds
You have to try and show them that he has continuing obligations in his home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that he is not a risk of overstay because he at present has compelling family and social/work ties to her home country which mean that he will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst he is visiting. Things like a letter from his employer stating he has a job (if he does), evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money he has available (at least 6 months of even though he might rely on you, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them.
If you are based in the UK and will assist him during the intended stay you execute a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that you are to return at the end of it and that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will
A solicitor would be able to draft/prepare the applciation for him for around £500+ VAT, but would also be able to provide you with a sponsoship declaration for around £60 + VAT separately.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you