How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7663
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now


This answer was rated:

Thanks for your question.
hat nationality are you please?
Are you in a relationship with anybody and if so what is their immigration status in the united kingdom?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I m indian national i havnt got any relationship
Thanks for your reply.
Do you have any children in the UK?
What visa did you have?
When did it expire?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No childern
I had domestick work visa for 1 year maltipl visa it has expire 2006
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so manny may friends they apply for visa they now they hav got the visa they was telling me whoever came before 2007 they came apply for visa for staying here

If your visa expired that long ago then the home office will have a general ground of refusal for any visa application that you could make now. This would mean that they would reject any application that you would make.
I am really sorry but i cannot see that there is any human rights argument for you to stay in this country either. This is because you do not have any wife or unmarried partner for children in the united kingdom.
Unfortunately probably the only application that wouldn't be considered at this stage would be an application for asylum. However not many asylum applications come from india and if the application was not genuine and i would certainly realise and reject it.
Claiming asylum is extremely difficult in the united kingdom and in practice less than 19 out of every 100 applications is successful. If your claim is not genuine then i would discourage in the strongest possible terms even attempting to make an application.
However if you consider you do have a genuine claim the nearest information here for you:
Unfortunately they also removed the ability to apply for indefinite leave to remain if you are here illegally for 14 years. Now, if a person is illegally in the united kingdom they must have been here for 20 years before applying for indefinite leave to remain.
I am really sorry that i could not have better news for you.
Kind regards.
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you