How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi there, for being a teir 4 student's dependant, am i eligible

This answer was rated:

hi there,
for being a teir 4 student's dependant, am i eligible to go for work permit? if eligible! then what are the procedures? or how it works?

You are eligible to switch into a Tier 2 Generalvisa from within the UK, the following guidance has been issued by the Home Office:

You can also switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’re:

  • a dependent partner of someone with a Tier 4 visa
The above is stated here and the guidance for applying for this visa is also stated there:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you