How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi i have just spent the last 7 months in Thailand with my

This answer was rated:

Hi i have just spent the last 7 months in Thailand with my Thai girlfriend. i am now back in the uk and want to bring her over here.
she has previously lived in the uk but overstayed her welcome and was sent back to Thailand back in Nov 2012.
she thinks she may have a ban from coming to the uk, how can i find this out and is it worth applying for a visa?
kind regards
If you get married to her, the ban will not apply.
So you can marry her in Thailand and sponsor her for a spouse settlement visa to enable her to come to the UK.
Otherwise she will have a 10 year ban if she was removed forcibly from the UK starting from November 2012.
May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you