How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

An American in Ghana has outstayed her visa and wishes to travel

This answer was rated:

An American in Ghana has outstayed her visa and wishes to travel to England. What are the legalities involved?

The American national may travel to the UK under the visa waiver program if the intention is to visit the UK.

The fact that the American has overstayed in Ghana should not have any impact on visiting the UK.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would she have to pay Ghana immigration for the overstay in order to leave? If so, approximately how much?

Yes, my understanding is that there is a fine to be paid for overstaying which is approximately GHS 40 per month.

All the best, ***** ***** feedback
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more point. Would she have to buy her ticket there over the counter because of the overstay? Or would it be OK for me to buy her ticket online?

It doesn't matter how the ticket is purchased.
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you