How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I applied to renounce British citizenship back in May having

Customer Question

I applied to renounce British citizenship back in May having taken up another nationality. I had to send both passports to get my UK passport cancelled. I've heard nothing at all since and cannot find any contact details for the office concerned. Where do I start? My fee was taken immediately si they have the application. While they are sitting on my passports I have no means of travelling.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

I would advise you to start off by making a formal complaint against the Home Office for the length of time it is taking to process your application, see here for the complaints procedure:

I would expect your case to be turned around quickly after you submit your complaint.

May I help further?