How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am considering relocating with my children to Australia,

Customer Question

I am considering relocating with my children to Australia, my children are not my husband's. As we have only been seperated a matter of months would I be able to get a divorce later once I am settled in Australia. I understand we need to be seperated for two years. The reason for our divorce is down to unreasonable behaviour on my husband's part. Is it possible to divorce by post?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there any reason not to divorce immediately?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not that I know of, there has been no adultery, as far as I know, we seperated in May and there is no chance of reconcilliation. I would be happy to divorce asap. My husband has suffered OCD symptoms for years and the situation became unbearable which is why we seperated.

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You can issue a Petition immediately based on his Unreasonable Behaviour.
The process is described here
There is no need to live apart for two years.
If you do move to Australia you can still issue here in the UK provided your ex still lives there.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks :)

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome - I hope all goes well