How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am making a tier 1 application. I am going to receive £1

Customer Question

I am making a tier 1 application.
I am going to receive £1 M as a gift from my father.
I am currently in the UK and my father is coming here. The funds have already been transferred into my bank account (outside of the Uk), from his bank account (outside of the UK).
My immigration advisor told me I should get a document from a UK legal professional to proof that the £1 M is a gift.
What document should I get and where can I get this ?
What will it cost?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
You can go to a High Street Solicitor and ask them to draw up a Deed of Gift signed by your father saying that he has gifted the money to you.
May I help further?