Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.

i am a british citizen my wife is indian holding a spouse visa

i am a british citizen my wife is indian holding a spouse visa when can i apply for her indefinate leave of stay
Thanks for your question.
When did you wife apply for her spouse visa?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she applied last year november

Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ketan,
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If your wife applied last November then her status will be decided under the “new” rules, which have been in place since July 2012. This means that your wife will have to extend her spouse visa by submitting her application to extend about a month before her current visa expires.
She will be granted a further visa which will run up to the point at which she has been on a spouse visa for 5 years. Before her extended visa expires she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. So, if her spouse visa was granted in November 2013 then she will be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in November 2018.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,