How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 12193
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am working as a doctor(cardiologist) in one of the north

This answer was rated:

I am working as a doctor(cardiologist) in one of the north Lincolnshire hospitals.I have indefinite leave to remain in UK for last 15 years. I have passed life in the UK test. My wife who is housewife at the moment also have indefinite leave for more than 7 years. She too have passed life in UK test.She had a degree in bachelor of science and postgraduate degree in master of public administration from university of Punjab Lahore Pakistan.Are we both eligible to apply for nationality?
Yes, you can both apply for British citizenship by naturalisation as from what you say you both satisfy the requirements which are:
you’re 18 or over
you’re of good character, eg you don’t have a serious or recent criminal record
you’ll continue to live in the UK
you have met the knowledge of English and life in the UK requirements
And you must usually have:
lived in the UK for at least the 5 years before the date of your application
spent no more than 450 days outside the UK during those 5 years
spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months
been granted indefinite leave to stay in the UK (or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national) - this means there’s no specific date that you have to leave
had indefinite leave to stay in the UK for the last 12 months (or permanent residence if you’re an EEA national)
not broken any immigration laws while in the UK
You can get the forms and details of fees on the UK Border website.
I hope this helps.
JGM and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you