How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I'm a british Citizen and never renounced my citizenship. Unfortunately

This answer was rated:

I'm a british Citizen and never renounced my citizenship. Unfortunately there was an administrative error and I couldn't get back my passport. However I was issued a professional ID Card by a British Consulate in order to prove my citizenship. Well next year I will have to go to Roumania to participate as member of a Jury regarging a musical contest. So my question is as follows: can use this ID card to go there since there's full details of my ID like a passport. Thanx for your reply.

The UK cancelled ID cards in 2011 and they ceased to be legal documents in January 2011.

You should therefore apply for a British Passport if you wish to travel to Romania.

May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir,

Yes can I apply for that passport now and get it back without difficulties??

I am afraid that will depend on whether you are a British Citizen as you claim and whether you are able to provide the supporting documents asked.

All the best, ***** ***** a review.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I am and I wish to book you as a solicitor to handle all these but not on this site. My father was an MI6 agent and therefore it's a bit hard to give full explanation here. My name is***** and I'm an international concert musician, former guitarist of David Bowie, ***** ***** etc. You can check me on YouTube John Phil Wayne & Milford Chambers 2010 and see also lots of clips and my name on google.

Thank you but unfortunately we are not permitted to see customers outside of this website.

I would suggest that you appoint an immigration solicitor to assist you from a search engine or from the Law Society website.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you