How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi, I was born in uk in 1985, I do not have British passport

This answer was rated:

hi, I was born in uk in 1985, I do not have British passport as my parents was not British I have four kids with an European citizen, my kids has Norway passport. what can I apply for to get a stay in uk.

I came to the uk with a visa in 2008 , and I have not gone back to Africa. I have four children with a man with nowegian passport. my kids got Norway passport. am not married to their father.

the father of my kids is ready to apply for me as the mother of his children. what step do I take. what should I do?


Are you living with the father of your children and are you still in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello, am still in the uk but am not living with the father of my kids. he is also in the uk. my visa expired so I am just here.

Thank you.

If your children are studying here in the UK and you are their primary carer, you may apply for a Derivative Residence Card, it does not matter that your visa has expired. See here for the application form DRF1:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you so much. please I would like to know what are the requirements ,I do not work at the moment. I am on benefit and I receive my children benefits too. how will this be possible? thanks

The requirements are that you have to be the primary carer of your children. the father of the children can write a letter confirming this which you can submit with your application for the Derivative Card.

All the best-please leave feedback