How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7660
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My Girlfriend is Ukranian and lives in the Ukraine. We are

This answer was rated:

My Girlfriend is Ukranian and lives in the Ukraine. We are applying for a UK Fiance Visa in Ukraine to enable us to Marry & for her to live in the UK with me,
We have been told we need to Supply a Confirmed Marriage Date in the UK?
Is this Correct please?
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Yes, that is normal. Part of the criteria for a fiancé visa is that you must evidence your genuine intention to marry once she is in the UK.
This means that you must supply such evidence showing that you intend to marry. Part of this is obviously picking a venue and date to marry. Presumably you will book somewhere which is authorised to marry and so you should therefore provide documentary evidence of this booking.
You should also back it up with your personal statements referring to the date which you will marry and confirming that you will marry on this date.
Such other things as invitations, correspondence referring to the proposed date for marriage and other bookings for the wedding are also helpful and if you have documentary evidence of this then I would include this as well.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you