How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

hi, i am a settled person in UK with indefinite leave to remain.

Customer Question

hi, i am a settled person in UK with indefinite leave to remain. i got the ILR in 2013 and i have applied for Naturalisation.
i had a son who was born in april 2009 and joined me along with my wife in dec 2013 when he was 9 months old.
when my application was in process for ILR, I applied for the extension of visa for both my wife and son, which i recently got the visa for both of them as it was due to expire.
My son is now 5 years, Can I able to register my son for naturalisation.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Where was your son born?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he was born in India

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
did not get the answer
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.
Children are registered for British Citizenship, not naturalised.
In your case, you should, wait until you are naturalised as a British Citizen and your wife obtains ILR before applying for registration of your child as a British Citizen.
The form to use is MN1:
May I help further?