How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi. I am a british overseas citizen, my wife and kids are portugese

This answer was rated:

Hi. I am a british overseas citizen, my wife and kids are portugese nationals i have renounced the country i have come from and therefor state less, i have been here for the past seven years and would like to be a british national.
So could you please tell how to go about it and the how much it would cost me..
Thanking you

You are not eligible to register as a British Citizen under S. 4B of the British Nationality Act 1981 if you voluntarily renounced your home country citizenship.

However, if you have been resident in the UK for the past 7 years as you say, you may apply for registration using form B(OTA), see here:

The fees are 823 pounds, see here:

May I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you can i do it through you and how much would it cost me.and if i could get your phone no.

Thanking you very much.

I am afraid we are not allowed to act for clients outside of this website. Sorry.

You may look for an immigration lawyer in your area or on the Law Society website.

All the best