How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

on which Forms should I apply for ILR as a spouse of an EEA

This answer was rated:

on which Forms should I apply for ILR as a spouse of an EEA national?
Thanks for your question.
If you are here as the non-EEA spouse of an EEA nationality exercising treaty rights in the UK then you apply for Permanent Residence, not Indefinite Leave to Remain.
ILR is for people here under visas. Permanent Residence is for people here under EEA rules, which are different to the normnal visa immigration rules.
Therefore, you must apply for Permanent Residence if you have been in the UK for 5 years by submitting form EEA4:-
You will see that the above link confirms that you should apply for permanent residence and it also provides a link to the form you will need to complete in order to apply.
Kind regards.
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you