How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Good morning. We are a Care Home and a Brazilian husband of

Customer Question

Good morning. We are a Care Home and a Brazilian husband of a Portuguese citizen wants to work with us in England, whilst his wife looks after their children at school in Portugal.
I am not sure if the EU right to migrate / work will extend to him, or if he can individually get a work permit, student visa etc.
He wants to come over as a visitor but we cant employ him unless we are sure.
Can you help?
Geoffrey Cox
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
He will not be covered by EU rights as his spouse will not be living with him and exercising treaty rights in the UK.
He will need to qualify for a work visa in his own right and you will need to be licensed by UKVI to sponsor him. All in all, a very complicated process and you will need to conduct a resident labour market test to prove that there is no UK or settled person to do the job.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. That answers it!

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Welcome. Please take a second to review the service.