How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Is it possible to obtain an ID card for a person who does not

Customer Question

Is it possible to obtain an ID card for a person who does not have a passport or driving licence and who is pension age?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Alex Hughes : My name is***** and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alex Hughes : Which country is this for please?
Alex Hughes : There is no official ID card scheme in the UK. The government scheme was scrapped a few years ago. The nearest thing is a Citizencard which is also known as a proof of age card. I am attaching a link to their website which gives more information about the scheme:
Alex Hughes : A CitizenCard is an official UK ID/proof of age card recognised as such by the Home Office and almost all UK retailers and public transport providers including UK airlines. The adult 18+ CitizenCard displays POLICE, SECURITY INDUSTRY and TRADING STANDARDS logos and all CitizenCards bear the PASS hologram.
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.