How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 35044
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
Immigration Law
This answer was rated:

Hi I'm a British national. I married a Gambian in Gambia. She

came here on a tourist... Show More
came here on a tourist visa then found out she was pregnant.when the child was born I applied for her to remain in the UK.and this was granted. Due to the child being soon as her visa arrived she has wanted to leave the marriage it was a plan of hers all along to leave Gambia for a better life here. Can she at all be deported back to Gambia without the child.She told me that she can't be sent back home as her child is British
Show Less
Ask Your Own Immigration Law Question
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you been married and how old is the baby?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Married 12october 2012 baby born in UK 30th March 2014 came to the UK in December 2013

Who currently has the day to day care of the child and are you willing to allow the child to go to the Gambia with its mother?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

We both share the care and no I'm not going to allow the child to live in a 3rd world country.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

SORRY forgot to mention we are not living together at present. But when we did we shared the care at the moment she has the boy.

Your ex will not be deported for any reason unless the child goes with her so assuming that you would not agree to that then no it will not happen I am afraid.
Please ask if you need further details