How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I'm applying for naturalisation with a form AN.

Customer Question

I'm applying for naturalisation with a form AN. Would like to find out if my wife could apply together with me right now as a spouse of British citizen. Common sense tells us that she can't and would have to wait for 6+ months for my citizenship to be granted. But do you think that we could write a cover letter and ask the inspector to use his/her discretion and allow us to submit everything together in one go? And if yes, then what should we write. My son is also applying for registration via form MN1, so we really wanted to submit everything together as all three applications are really interconnected with a list of supporting documents being almost identical. Thank you!

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

On what grounds would your wifebe applying for naturalisation? Has she received ILR and how long has she lived in the UK for?