How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7673
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

HiMy name is ***** ***** in uk but my wife and my two

This answer was rated:

Hi My name is ***** ***** in uk but my wife and my two children live in Kosova, my children are 11 and 13 years old. In the near future i would like to bring my family to uk. but for now i would like to apply for British citizenship for my two children which they are in Kosova,what is the procedure? Regards Skender

i  m British citizen and i was even before my children been born.

Thanks for your patience.
How did you obtain your UK citizenship?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for dealing with my request!
I become a British citizen by naturalisation
I came in this cantry as a refuge 90sr
Hi Skender,
Thanks for your reply.
You obtained naturalisation before you were born, correct?
Were your children born in Kosova?
Kind regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that is Correct.
Hi Skender,
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
If you naturalised as a UK citizen before they were born then you held UK citizenship (otherwise than by descent) at the date of their births.
Under s s(1) of the british nationality act 1981 this means that your children are automatically entitled to UK citizenship at birth. This means that they will be UK citizens “by descent”, which means they have all the same rights as any other UK citizen except that they would not be able to pass on their own citizenship to their own children if they are born outside the UK.
Provided that their current nationality permits dual citizenship, then you can apply for their passports straight away provided that you can prove their births, your parentage of them and your own uk citizenship (ie. by passport).
Once they have their UK passports then can travel to the UK without restriction.
Your wife will have to apply for a spouse visa when the time comes, because this does not mean that she gets UK citizenship obviously.
Good luck.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you