How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

Hi If my mum is holding a Hong Kong SAR passport (not Visa

Customer Question

Hi If my mum is holding a Hong Kong SAR passport (not Visa National) and an American passport. She wants come to visit me due to my child birth, can she switch to EEA dependent visa after arrival? My husband is a EEA citizen and is exercising treaty right here for nearly 5 years. Thanks. Under this circumstances, can she access to NHS service?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your quesiton and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
If she is coming to England to use the NHS for pre planned treatment it is likely she will be asked to pay in advance for any treatment.
If she has an accident or visits for emergency care, it is possible she may be charged but less likely.
So yes she can access the NHS, depending on what she requires it for, it maybe subject to a charge.
Kind regards