How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7676
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Hello, I have a UK Entry clearance visa Spouse and am

Customer Question

Hello, I have a UK Entry clearance visa Spouse and am currently living in the UK. My wife is a British Citizen. Can I travel to EU countries without a visa?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
The fact that you have a spouse visa with leave to remain in the UK does not change your status as a citizen of the home country. For the purpose of entering another country you will be regarded the same as you would be if you did not have a UK spouse visa.
So, you would have to check with the respective countries which you would like to visit to see if they require citizens of your home country to apply for a visa before they travel and attempt to enter the country in question. Therefore, you must refer to the relevant country's consulate website to check on their visa requirements.
I am sorry. Obviously, once you have obtained naturalisaation as a UK citizen then you will have all the same visa rights as other UK citizen. Which, in the case of EU/EEA countries means that you can enter without apply for a visa under the free movement rules by simply showing your passport. Until then the visa rules of those countries as applicable to citizens of your home country remain applicable to you.
Kind regards